Postal codes in Israel are numeric and consist of seven digits. Jerusalem postal codes start with the digit 9, although this does not correspond with its geographical location. Each postal code corresponds to a mail carrier route or RR, thus, when the letters are sorted by the postal code, they are assigned to a specific carrier.
Army unit postal codes start with a 0 and are not changed even if a unit is roaming.
Until February 2013, Israel postcodes were 5-digit. The change to 7-digit postcodes was first announced by the Israel Post service in March 2012, though implementation was postponed from 5 December 2012 to 1 February 2013. Officially the 5-Digit codes remained valid until 31 January 2013, though they continue to be used widely.
Shatner Center Givat Shaul Jerusalem 9546105 ISRAEL
- PostCodeBase: Israel Postcode
- ISR address format （English，PDF format）
- Israel Official post website （Hebrew, Arabic, English, Russian, French, Spanish）
- Israel zip code search （Hebrew）
- Wikipedia: - Postal codes in Israel （English）
- Address Verification Interactive Online Demo (Postcode Search)
- GeoNameBase: Israel Geographic Names Database
- PostCodeBase: Israel Postcode Database